Remember the delicious ‘Summer Roll’ bars that were big in my childhood? Or maybe you still enjoy them today?
The wonderful nutty combination of chocolate and coconut is replicated here in a sweet chewy nougat slice packed with oats and nuts!
This recipe was originally shared with me by a special friend who was enjoying experimenting with Kangaroo Island Oats and her Thermomix. If you don’t have a thermie, it’s easy to adjust to use with nothing more than a saucepan and wooden spoon. Enjoy!
190g Kangaroo Island Oats (Quick Oats)
200g milk or dark chocolate, to melt
200g peanut butter
60g coconut, shredded (plus extra for topping)
80g nuts, crumbled (cashew’s, walnuts or almonds)
200g milk chocolate melts
20g coconut oil
Coconut, to sprinkle on top
- Melt chocolate in medium sized bowl
- Add peanut butter and melt gently together for a further 2 mins
- Sir in honey and vanilla
- Add oats, nuts and shredded coconut
- Stir well together
- Press into lined slice tray
- For the chocolate topping, melt chocolate and coconut oil together (or give the chocolate topping a miss and cover in shredded coconut)
- Pour over slice and sprinkle coconut on top
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before slicing into small squares or bars. Enjoy!
Original article appeared on: https://thermofun.com/